Monday, April 13, 2009

Special Interest Video DVD

I discovered a great DVD with information on how to make money in "Special Interest Video". It is published by Rick Smith and covers all aspects of SIV.

Rick explains S.I.V this way,

"What are "Special Interest Videos?" In a broad sense, Special Interest Videos, or SIVs, are any kind of production that has a niche appeal. For example, videos that deal with a hobby such as quilting, fishing, woodworking, automobile repair, model railroads, playing a musical instrument are all SIVs. Videos that educate you on a subject such as horticulture (that's where I've produced a lot of programs), computer skills or making money are SIVs, as are travel programs. "

As many of you know I produce Special Interest Videos. The tutorials I produced and market are SIV and the documentaries too. Once you get several titles out they can bring in extra income. I know it works because I have done it.

I must admit I have not seen Rick's DVD but I can tell from the site and his videos that he does know what he is talking about. He tells it like it is in the video below. It is on my list of things to grab though.

So here is the link and a quick shameless plug for another guy making it in SIV. If you are considering a way to make extra income or want to plow into it full time this is probably the best investment you can make. Don't confuse this with a 'get rich quick' scheme, it's not. In SIV you will work just as hard as on any video shoot, maybe even harder. But you will be your own boss and enjoy knowing you produced your own product, for you and not someone else.

Check out Ricks' DVD and consider making your own video production!

No comments: