Thursday, July 3, 2008

Black Or White?

When I started In The Viewfinder I went with a Black background. I like black. And it was different from many other blogs I've seen. It just seemed cool. But as I add more content I wonder if this format and subject matter would benefit more with a white background? I previewed the blog in the Blogger template area and changed it to white, to see what it would look like. It looked pretty good.

One of the reasons I was contemplating the change was because many of my photo elements have white backgrounds. I figured they may blend in with the text better if the background was white. It doesn't appear to make much difference with the videos against black or white, though black does seem to bring out the colors and it's easier on the eyes. At least to me.

So I'm asking you. Which do you think would be better, a white or black background? To the right and at the bottom of the side panel is a poll. I would appreciate if you would select your preference. Just click whether you would like to read this blog against a white or black background.

This will help me decide if I should change it. I'll let the poll run to the end of the month. Whichever has the most votes will decide if In The Viewfinder needs a face lift.
Thank you for voting!
J.

No comments: