Monday, May 19, 2008

Mastering MEP Update

I wanted to take a moment and touch base with you with an update on Mastering Movie Edit Pro, the new webisode program coming to In The Viewfinder. Last week I ordered a new DELL computer and it should ship out Wednesday the 21st. Once it arrives I will load MEP14+ and start making some episodes. I've already had several people email me asking how to do this or that so I think I'll have a few good tips for the first few shows.
The first program will probably be a 'getting to know' MEP 14+' and will show the basics, I need to get that out of the way before I jump into advanced stuff. So far I have the intro, music, credits and other elements ready to put the show together.
I also grabbed Freez Screen Recorder to capture the screen for the show. (Get it here)
Freez Screen Video Capture is a screen-capture & screen-recording tool to record screen activities and sounds into standard AVI video files. You can record any part of the screen's activities and the cursor's movements, using a microphone to narrate your screen recordings. You can choose the output video's compressor (such as Microsoft Video 1, MPEG-4, DivX...), quality, framerate, audio format (such as PCM, ADPCM, MP3, OGG...), and volume. You can also start, pause, and stop screen recording with hotkeys.
Use Freez Screen Video Capture to create screen demos, training videos, animated tutorials, animated presentations etc. Enjoy it!
It has some very cool features:
  • Start, pause, stop screen recording with user-defined hotkeys.
  • Record screen activities into Standard or Compressed AVI video files.
  • Record any region of the screen.
  • Record Screen in any screen color depth.
  • Supports sound recording from microphone, videotape, Internet, etc.
  • Select the video encoder for your screen recording output AVI file.
  • Adjustable screen capture frame rate, output AVI video quality.
  • Set the sound recording format and compressed audio format.
  • Can record Actual Cursor on the screen.
  • User-friendly interface, easy to use.
  • Free to use and register

    The show is ready to put together and I'm very excited about doing the tutorials for you! I've been exploring MEP14+ and getting to know many of it's advanced functions. I must say I'm excited about the software. And since many of the things I planned to show have been simplified in MEP14+, the show will be easier to put together.


    If you have any questions or suggestions for things to cover in the show feel free to drop me a line in the COMMENTS section below. Sorry for the delay but I'd really rather do the show on my new, faster DELL. My old clunker is just not up to the task. :-)
    J.

1 comment:

Jay Michael said...

Note: The computer came in and is running smoothly! I must say, MEP14+ runs great on a bigger system. :-)