Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bluff Titler Review

Anyone who has read more than two pages of this blog knows I support the Magix corporation. I do this because I believe in their products. I have used them and relied on them for years. As a result I promote them whenever I can because I want others to share in the ease and usefulness of the software.

Today I bring you another such product. No, it's not an editor. It's a 3D titler.
Bluff Titler. This is my new software fix!

Many of you already know this titler and probably use it. For you I will only be preaching to the choir. However, for those who have not had the experience let me take a few minutes to exclaim the total joy I have found in this software!

I began eyeballing this titler over a year ago. I wanted it then but other things seemed to come along that I needed or wanted to grow my business and video skills. I wish now I had not waited. I truly believe this is the best investment I've made in a while. The sheer power and awesomeness of this software is beyond description. But I will try...

If you are familiar with how the key frame animator in Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus worked, you will take to Bluff Titler quickly. You use a slider to set key points along a timeline as you build a sequence. The concept is the same. Other keyframe programs work much the same as well.

But just moving images or text around the screen isn't the only thing BT will do. You can scale, add plasma, lightwaves and many more exciting effects to your text. Even video playing inside the text! You can bend, shape, make transparent, glow and numerous more text effects. Far too much to mention in this article. With the new DPack you can launch your titles into the world of broadcast network excellence. All for only about $60.00 {For BT itself}

If you have wanted the ability to have chrome, glass or true golden looking fonts with reflections and specularity you need not spend thousands on animation software. Granted it will not animate objects as well as a model animator, but for text and most things, it excels!

After watching the tutorial video I pretty much had the concept down, after buying the software and putting it into practice I was animating logos and text quickly and easily. Yes, it's that good. Now, a few weeks later, I've pulled off some pretty amazing stuff with it in a fraction of the time I figured it would take. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.

Bluff Titler will also allow you to export in a multitude of AVI formats. Even AVI with alpha channel transparency embedded! The files tend to be huge, but the quality is unequaled. I guess if I had to complain about anything it would be that it doesn't allow export with alpha in other formats, such as Quicktime.

If you want to kick your videos up a notch, add some outstanding flare and do it cheaply & easily, get Bluff Titler. Do it now, don't wait. Your business, your clients, your viewers and that little inner self screaming "Gimme" will thank you. Trust me. Hell, you might even get a wink from your better half!

Okay, I will not bore you with anymore of my lunatic ramblings on how awesome this Titler is. I'll just send you over to BT and let you read, watch and be amazed yourself. But first, are you sitting down? You may want to remove any breakables from your room before you go. Perhaps have your spouse on stand-by with a syringe of Valium?

To help ease you into the sheer inspiration that is Bluff Titler, here is a video to watch many of the simple things it will do. And by virtue, you will be able to do as well with it. So go ahead, call 911 then press play...



Did I mention it's really easy to use and make your own animated titles? It comes with presets and you can get more from their forum? It renders in full HD and overlays on your videos in your NLE?

Oh, sorry. You're still drooling. I'll give you a moment to collect yourself.
When you feel you are up to it, watch the add-on Dpack video here:

Do I need to call you a cab? Ambulance? ;-D
J.
Bluff Titler Link
BT Free Stuff.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Great review. I've been drooling over Blufftitler, but really the Dpacks...incredible stuff. can't wait to get my hands on it.

Anonymous said...

BT is good, got good templates, but overly is too complicated. It gets a time to get used to, and when you do, you start noticing the limitations, and sort of "numbness" of it (e.g. unable to manipulate the objects behind the visible screen). At the end, the complete lack of motion blur turns any production down as an amateur stuff. Good presets, but too limited product.