Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Future Of Theme Packs

I have been watching the poll for Theme Packs and how it seems divided on SD & HD, which gives me some idea which direction to go with future additions. However there are only about 20 votes and this makes me wonder if there is sufficient audience for them.?

So I am asking all viewers to please put a comment in this blog post and tell me your ideas of Theme for future Packs. Also the number of comments will tell me if there is sufficient reason to keep making them.

Though not difficult to make they are time consuming and I need to know if there are enough people downloading them to justify making more. Plus I need to know theme ideas that would be useful to you as a video producer.

So, please take a moment and post a comment in the comment section below this article. Tell me what you think of the packs and suggest ideas for more. Your response helps me determine the future of the project and if I should keep drinking Jolt cola and staying up late to make them ? Hehehehe :D

Thanks!
J.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know if there is a way to make our photos come to life by panning and zooming with MEP14+ so that the subject that is standing still and the backround moving as if you recorded it on video and paused it and then panned around the subject. Can it be done with this software??
Tom
memoriesofpicturesinmotion@yahoo.com

Jay Michael said...

Yes, you can green screen and use Keyframes to move the background. See my DVD, Mastering Movie Edit Pro 14+ Volume Three for details!

Anonymous said...

If you're talking about what I think you are, check the Digital Juice Cutting Class series with Chris Gates, he did this with an old photo of baseball players. Basically you need to turn the photo into different layers, clone the background to cover what you have removed, and then animate with keyframes. I just re-watched that episode the other day, some really good stuff and I wish DJ would bring the shows back, but I fear DJ is in trouble.

-John said...

Please keep making them, as an indie filmmaker who uses Vegas Pro 8 and MEP 14, i find them really useful.